Increasing Website Traffic May Beat Merging Chocolate with Peanut Butter – 11 Simple Tactics
Increasing website traffic is not as daunting as it sounds. In fact, it doesn’t have to be a challenging task at all.
Since website traffic is essential to Top of the Funnel Inbound Marketing methods, it is also essential that you keep a few strategies in your tool belt.
Once you adopt some approaches, it just gets easier to keep the traffic coming.
In fact, when get the ball rolling, you will find that the process is more enjoyable than eating a peanut butter cup (well maybe)
Here are eleven approached you can choose from to begin increasing your website traffic:
Produce Fresh, Original Content
Constantly producing original, engaging content not only increases your likelihood of showing up on Google, It also increases the chances that people will visit your site and engage with consume your content.
Here are four content creation ideas to increase website traffic.
- Increase Your Blogging Frequency: Publishing great blog articles frequently has the potential to greatly increase your blog traffic. This will keep visitors coming back for more and sharing what they do find. Throw in well-crafted CTAs at the end of your blog posts and you could easily see more redirects to your main website.
- Experiment with Content Formats: Rather than sticking with two or three kinds of content, take advantage of a full range of the different content formats out there. Doing this helps keep your voice fresh and engaging, which helps your readers interact with you more frequently.
- Write About Industry Trends: Use Google Trends to stay up-to-date on developments within your industry. By writing on these topics regularly, you increase the likelihood of being cited by others. This sets you up as an authority within the industry, meaning people are more likely to come to your content first.
- Create Comprehensive Content: These are 2,000 to 10,000 word articles covering an always-relevant topic within an industry. Writing this content gives Google more information to pick up on, and it is more likely to be cited by others.
Get More Subscribers
When someone subscribes to your blog or email list, they are interested in hearing from you.
That means you have an audience you can use to get more web traffic. In other words, an easy way to increase website traffic is by gaining more subscribers.
- Incentivize Your Subscription Offers: People are understandably cautious about giving their information online. You can relieve their concern by giving them valuable, downloadable content in exchange for their subscription.
- Make Your Website Accessible: If you’re linking to your main website, make sure your viewers jump through as few hoops as possible. If they have to click through too many links to get there, they’ll lose interest.
- Conduct Referral Contests: Offer rewards to existing followers and subscribers who refer others to your main website. Sweeten the deal for the new visitors, too, with an exclusive content offer.
Refine Your SEO and Social Media Techniques
SEO and social media are the treats traffic like to nibble on as they make their way to your website.
Social media marketing helps you build an interactive relationship with your followers. SEO-friendly content helps you get discovered organically.
Here’s how you can use both to increase your website traffic.
- Make Sharing Easy: Make sure every single page of web content has share buttons for every one of your social media channels. This increases your visibility and builds natural Google search rankings (Google pays attention to social shares).
- Share Content Often: Sharing your blog content and download offers regularly not only helps it get in front of your followers. It also builds organic links for Google to pick up on and display.
- Focus On Long-Tail Keywords: The more specific the keyword phrase you optimize, the better traffic you’ll get. You may not get as much traffic as you would with a shorter keyword phrase, but you’ll decrease your bounce rates. Your visitors are also more likely to check out other content, thereby building on website traffic.
- Include Multi-Media: Google picks up on content containing things like videos, pictures, and graphs because people are more likely to view them. Just make sure the media you include is relevant and engaging.
Sometime adding attracting fresh traffic is a matter of updating just one or two of your current techniques.