What is your professional Kryptonite?
As entrepreneurs we have those days where we are just simply unproductive. That is not what I am referring to here.
You remember Superman he could do it all except when he was around Kryptonite. He knew that when he was around this paralyzing substance it would instantly render him unfocused, immobilized and powerless.
It is important as solo professionals to recognize the professional Kryptonite that will leave us unproductive with stagnant revenues as well as the step to avoid it. Some common productive inhibitors (i.e. professional Kryptonite) are being:
- Overwhelmed with projects and workload,
- Over committed and short on time, and
What is your professional Kryptonite and 5 tips to keep it at bay [click to tweet]
Once you have identified your Kryptonite it is important to take action and keep it at bay. Clark Kent (Superman), hurled his Kryptonite into outer space you can do the same.
1. Create clear executable goals and work on them one step at a time so that you will not become overwhelmed. This will also give you a plan of action to follow so that you will not feel so overwhelmed and unorganized.
2. Find that one thing you can accomplish everyday that will assist in establishing and growing your business. Some items may be sending out 2 introduction letters, making two cold calls, or spend one hour managing the projects you delegated. This will help you avoid procrastinating on the income producing tasks and assist in focusing on moving in a productive direction.
3. Get an accountability partner. Find a coach, mentor, mastermind group, or accountability partner. For some of us just telling others of our plans is enough to motivate action towards getting things done.
4. Hire an assistant to assist with accomplishing some of your income producing goals. This could be an intern, son or daughter, brother or sister with the needed skills. For tasks that need a professional approach, locate a Printer, Bookkeeper, Virtual Assistant, or an Attorney. This will help you stay organized and not be over committed.
Finally, to fill in the gaps when you lack needed know how find a knowledgeable coach or mentor.