Are you finding yourself more and more unproductive?
Finding yourself a bit unproductive?
This week I want to move away from our to-do lists and focus on our work environment.
Yes your office.
I don’t believe that your office needs to be spick and span to be able to have a thriving business but I do believe that your work space needs to be workable.
If you have no system or rhythm of paper flow, you might find yourself using your productivity time searching for that one piece of paper over and over again. Let’s put an end to that.
I just want to you to focus on one area of your office to organize into a productive space. If you have a “windblown” office, do not over whelm yourself.
Just work on one area at a time. Create a workable workspace in just a few steps [click to tweet].
• Get three large boxes or bins
• Label each box ( trash, file or process)
• As you go through your area file everything in one of these three boxes under the right label.
• Once the area is clear. Start with the trash box and empty its contents. (into the trash)
• Next file the items in your file box
• Lastly, go through your process box and process any items that remain. (mail, fill out, delegate…)
If you have another area to tackle, go to that area next. In no time you will have a better organized office and you will start to see your productivity level rise again.
Next week I will have a tip to keep your office this way.