Press Reset –5 Steps to Fixing Your Glitchy Business System
You know those electronics we grew up with where from time to time they would freeze up or would just be a bit glitchy? We could easily fix these problems by pressing the reset buttons and keep moving on.
Sometimes in running a small business we face glitches, freezes and times when things just are not running smoothly. Instead of pressing the reset button we continue to press on thinking that these are the challenges of doing business.
Instead of struggling with business “challenges” you need to take a moment and reset your business system or process for that challenge. Here are five quick tips to help you reset any business system or process [click here to tweet]
1. Identify what the challenge is. Knowing exactly what you need to focus on is key. If your way of collecting payments is out of control where you are spending a lot of time following up with late payments, have people paying you at different times and in different fashions, and payments coming into different accounts, it is safe to say that you need to create a system or procedure to automate and streamline this area.
2. Write down everything that is currently going on step by step even if there really is no order. The purpose of this step is to just get all the steps down on paper.
3. Highlight the areas on your list that are working. See if you can map out these steps in a sequence.
4. Now look at the steps that are taking up your time and are less efficient. Is there a way to incorporate these steps into what is working? If so incorporate them in your new sequence time line and remove these from your routine. Do this with all of the remaining tasks.
5. Review your list and see what you can automate or delegate to free even more of your time. Not only do you now have a system for this challenge, you now have a documented procedure that you can hand to someone to handle for you.
If you need further assistance in setting up a smooth running system by turning your challenge into a system or or a step by step procedure contact us www.dailyadministration.com.