Still Loving Your Business?
Are you still in loving your business?
Do you still look at your business and still know it’s the one for you?
Does the thought of going to work each day just fill you with happiness and fulfillment?
I hope you and your business are still happy together after all this time. But in case you and your business could use a little couples’ therapy, I’ve decided to write today and help you fall in love again with what you do.
When you first started your business, the air smelled sweeter, the sky seemed bluer. You had a main focus. You were in business and you knew exactly what you were doing. But over time, your focus adjusted because all the necessary things for running a business started creeping in and vying for attention. The passion started to wane, didn’t it? Below are some steps that will help ignite that spark again.
1. Answer the following questions honestly:
What am I doing?
What is the core of my business?
What I am providing?
What is my mission?
2. Now that you have a good picture of what you are doing. Now ask yourself:
What am I doing that is working? Write all these things down
3. Lastly, you need to ask yourself (and make a list):
What am I doing that is not working?
This is the biggest question you can ask yourself. We all know what is not quite working in our business and here are a few suggestions to correct these things.
- Stop doing anything that is not working. Seems like a no-brainer, but many business owners just can’t let go and they try to salvage a really bad strategy or idea and make it work. Sometimes you just need to stop.
- Look for ways, right now, to improve any areas that are functioning less than efficiently or get rid of them all together.
- If the things that aren’t working are key aspects of your business, review who is in charge and have a meeting with this person to brainstorm how to improve. If needed, delegate it to someone that is more capable or bring someone on to handle this area.
These three steps will help you remember again why you went into this business in the first place. They can help you retrain your focus and energy back on the original goal. In essence, these simple three steps can help you fall in love again with your business.