5 Simple Tactics to Increase Your ROI with Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing as a tool cannot be ignored. It is no secret that we are using our mobile phones more and more and because every marketing campaign requires an investment of time and money, it is important to adopt tactics that will allow you to measure the effectiveness of your campaigns at the same time you focus on improving your return on investment.
Here are five simple methods for optimizing your mobile marketing ROI
Personalize Mobile Outreach with Smart Content
Smart content is technology that collects data on user behaviour and adapts accordingly. Utilizing smart technology in your mobile marketing therefore allows you to perfectly craft your offers to the preferences of your potential clients without.
Creating a personalized outreach strategy begins with creating data profiles on your past and present clients. From there you can create broad client categories, craft a marketing approach suiting each category, and sort potential clients into those categories. This method…
- Streamlines the Marketing Process: This approach turns marketing into fitting the round peg in the round slot, the square peg in the square slot, etc.
- Optimizes your Outreach: Your approach is now based on what has worked before. If that doesn’t increase your ROI, I don’t know what will.
Optimize Emails to Improve Mobile Marketing Efforts
When emails are viewed from a mobile device, the viewer is deciding which ones are worthy of further reading. Your goal, then, is to craft email blasts that grab mobile viewers’ attention and interest. Here are four strategies that will optimize your emails for a mobile reader.
- Make an exceedingly clear subject line that tells potential readers exactly what’s in the message.
- Communicate all necessary information succinctly, utilizing bullet points, clear headers, and short paragraphs.
- Make sure the body of the email contains a clear campaign description and a call-to-action button optimized for thumb-clicking.
- Use plain text rather than HTML formatting to make the email easier to view on a mobile device.
Proactively Reach Out on Social Media
Increasing your visibility on social media generates more B2B leads, thereby increasing your ROI. Most people are accessing Facebook from their mobile devices. Inserting paid promotional messages into the Facebook feed is therefore an easy way to get the attention of potential leads.
LinkedIn is an especially important social media platform for B2B marketing. Once again, most people are viewing LinkedIn from their mobile phones. Take advantage of this by using specially tailored Inbox messages, LinkedIn Pulse, and Sponsored stories. This is a more personal (and probably less annoying) approach to increasing your visibility, reputation, and, by extension, your ROI.
Streamline the Opt-in Process
Most clients don’t opt-in from their mobile phones, but this is primarily because opt-in forms tend to require a lot of information that makes opting-in from mobile unwieldy. However, there are three things you can do to make lead-generation from a mobile device more likely.
- Get to the Point: Tell your visitors what you’re offering right off the bat. Clarity increases the chances of an opt-in.
- Reduce Typing Requirements: If possible, ask for the bare minimum information on the opt-in form — name and contact info — and complete the rest over a phone call. You can also reduce typing requirements by utilizing a social media log-in option.
- Auto-Changing Input Fields: This is a small thing, but it makes opting-in a lot faster. Program the input fields to change the keyboard depending on what’s appropriate.
Collect More Personal Data
Marketers usually infer the preferences of potential leads based on number of downloads, purchases, and even their job titles. This is all well and good, but in order to get a more nuanced prospect profile, straight up ask them what they want. You can incorporate their answers into the buyer profile you’ve constructed for them and potential leads like them, allowing you to craft a more personalized campaign — which will ultimately helps boost sales.
Follow these five strategies, and you’ll see a significant increase in your mobile ROI.