Generate Mobile Traffic and Trade Show Leads: 3 Fantastic Strategies
Trade shows are the perfect place to connect face-to-face with your audience and generate leads.
With so many people relying on the mobile phones and having them “in-hand” you can by-pass handing out business cards and promotional materials and get them to the specific landing pages or specific material on your site that would be the most beneficial to their needs in real time.
Not only do these events provide unique opportunities to generate mobile traffic to specific campaigns, you can immediately begin nurturing your trade show leads by following up with relevant materials.
Let’s look at three strategies for generating mobile traffic and trade show leads at your next event.
Go Crazy with QR Codes (but not out of control)
When using QR codes at events, place them in areas where potential leads are likely to look — make their presence as obvious as possible. To generate leads at a trade show with QR codes, here are some basic rules to follow.
- Ensure that your QR redirects are mobile optimized: Keep all information brief and concise, and avoid using large images. This ensures that potential leads will look at your content longer, making a conversion more likely.
- Always accompany QR codes with relevant call to action: QR codes won’t generate mobile traffic unless they seem important and relevant. Make sure your QR call to action relates to your central CTA and provides incentive to scan the QR code.
- Make your QR Codes App-Neutral: Trade show participants don’t have time to download a super-specific scanning app. Make sure your trade show QR codes can be scanned universally so you can optimize your outreach. You can learn more about using QR codes strategically in your campaigns to get the most out of this technique.
Engage Potential Leads with a Dedicated Landing Page
Landing pages describe your offer and why potential leads should buy-in.
Here are 4 things you must include on your landing page to successfully generate trade show leads and conversions:
- Use a bold headline to give viewers an overview of the campaign and your offer.
- Directly below your main header, include a sub-header explaining the value of your offer. This should only be one or two sentences long.
- In case the headline and sub-header don’t motivate your viewers to buy-in, use bullet points to clearly state what potential clients gain from your offer. Make sure each bullet point is succinct so potential leads understand the value of your offer quickly.
- Keep your capture forms as brief as possible, and use as few as possible. Keeping the opt-in process quick makes it more likely that potential leads will fill out the forms.
Consider giving your representatives tablets with the landing page pulled up.
Doing this makes for a more interactive and personable experience, thus causing a stronger impression in the minds of potential leads than simply reading a flyer.
Use Webinars to Generate More Conversions
Webinars generate mobile traffic, but they are also a great way to get more trade show leads. Here are three reasons to use webinars at your event:
- Webinars provide a forum where viewers can ask the presenter questions, thus allowing you to give potential leads more information on what you’re offering.
- Including a registration form for a webinar creates an easy way to keep in touch with potential leads after the event.
- Providing information about your offer via a webinar sets you up as an expert, thus making your campaign more influential.
Here’s the question: How will you redirect people to your Webinar?
The simplest way is to use a QR code to provide information and a link to the webinar.
Another strategy that will help in the long-run is to share the link to your webinar with the event’s #hashtag on social media channels. Those that are following along with the event on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn will easily find you.
This will encourage people who are not yet following you online to do so, thus generating more mobile traffic and future opportunities.
Using these strategies will not only increase mobile traffic at your trade event, but will also generate leads.